Tips to get first date right
First meetings are always tricky, so it is better to brush up your dating knowledge before you go out. Dress well, loosen up and get your humour right to leave a good impression, say experts.
Gorav Aggarwal, Founder of Lovevivah.com and Solene Paillet, Head of Communication, Gleeden.com, have shared some tips to break the ice and leave an indelible impression on a first date:
* Pick up your best outfit but don’t get over dressed: Your physical appearance will be your first impression, so pick up a decent dress which makes you look charming and fresh. Make sure you don’t get over dressed because this might become a distracting factor for your date. His or her focus will be less on you and more on your clothes.
* Loosen up: Don’t behave like you are going for a job interview. Make eye contact and greet with your best smile and make the situation comfortable.
* Compliment your way through: A compliment is the best way to start the conversation. It makes the other person more comfortable and inclined towards you. But be careful with your words and adjectives.
* A good sense of humour always works: Keep positive humour in your talk to make her or him laugh. This will lend the conversation a positive note. Please be creative and funny with your jokes and not stupid and annoying and use them in the appropriate moment and timing.
* Do your homework well: Do a proper study of the profile and the interests of your date and talk about it, this shows your interest in her/him and your acceptance towards her/him interest and hobbies.
* Ask for a second date: Show that you liked her/him and want to meet the person again. This will make the person more confident and admire you more.
Also Read: Fashion low-down for summer